Yes, there is a legal obligation on employers to ensure their employees work in a safe environment using safe work equipment. Under the following guidelines all business which have racking, cantilever racking, shelving and mezzanine floors must ensure an annual ‘Expert Inspection’ is carried out to comply with current legislation.
- Health and Safety at Work Act (1974).
- The Workplace, Health, Safety and Welfare Regulations 1992.
- The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER).
- The HSE Warehouse and Storage Safety Guide HS (G) 76.
- EN15635 Steel Static Storage Systems – Application & Maintenance of Storage Equipment.
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
*517 fines issued to businesses in 2017/18
…solutions for every environment
At Teepee all our approved inspectors are fully insured and trained in accordance with SEMA standards, enabling annual expert inspections to be carried out every 12 months to meet HSE requirements.
Accompanied with all detailed reports will be a 12- month completion certificate, furthermore Teepee will contact you 3 – months prior to your next inspection with a no obligation reminder quotation.
WORKING WITH YOU
Teepee will provide free support to your PRRS representative for 12 – months. We also offer further discounts on additional site inspections throughout the year (if required), plus multi – site inspections.
As an approved SEMA accredited supplier, we can provide a no obligation quotation to undertake any repair work and maintain manufacturers warranties. Our fully insured repair service only uses genuine components and qualified SEIRS installers.
*Source: HSE Health and Safety statistics 2017/18