Yes, there is a legal obligation on employers to ensure their employees work in a safe environment using safe work equipment. Under the following guidelines all business which have racking, cantilever racking, shelving and mezzanine floors must ensure an annual ‘Expert Inspection’ is carried out to comply with current legislation.
- Health and Safety at Work Act (1974).
- The Workplace, Health, Safety and Welfare Regulations 1992.
- The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER).
- The HSE Warehouse and Storage Safety Guide HS (G) 76.
- EN15635 Steel Static Storage Systems – Application & Maintenance of Storage Equipment.
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
292 fines issued to businesses in 2016
…solutions for every environment
Only a SEMA Approved Racking Inspection will give you a thorough and detailed inspection and also provide you with a SEMA completion certificate.
We can provide an annual inspection reminder, as well as working with you and your Person Responsible for Racking Safety (PRRS).
WORKING WITH YOU
We work with your business to decrease the possibility of damage and injury as well as reducing unnecessary maintenance and repair costs.
We can maintain your manufacturers warranties and undertake and any necessary repair work. We can also provide on-going technical support.