What is Drive-through/ Drive in Pallet Racking?
Drive in pallet racking is designed on a last-in, first-out (LIFO) inventory management basis. Whereas, drive-through racking is based on a first-in, first-out (FIFO) basis.
How Drive in Pallet Racking Works
Pallets are stored on support rails which are attached to the uprights of the system and are accessed by trucks. The truck drives into the drive-in or drive-through racking system, with the load elevated to the height of the rail and places it in the designated space.
Drive in pallet racking systems function by the truck loading and unloading through the front of the system and then reversing out. This system offers a LIFO option.
Drive-through racking systems work slightly different. The truck is able to enter the system from both ends meaning that it can load from one side and unload from the other, meaning this system offers a FIFO option.
Main Applications for Drive-through/ Drive in Pallet Racking Systems
Both of these pallet racking systems work well in many warehouses and storage facilities. However, below are the main applications for these particular racking systems:
- Cold storage environments including both refrigerated and frozen warehouses.
- Warehouses that store seasonal products as pallets can allow storage for a long period of time if needed.
- Suited for warehouses that store low turnover products.
- High-density pallet storage.
- All pallets are individually supported.
- Can be used with standard forklifts.
- These systems offer significantly low risk to any damage.
- Ideal for storing large quantities of products.
- Offers floor space utilisation.
Our customers come first and we pride ourselves on delivering the best solutions and customer experience. We are committed to fair pricing and delivery of a high quality product.
WHY CHOOSE US
Based in the Midlands, we are ideally positioned to service a broad geographical area and offer bespoke, turnkey solutions to a variety of businesses.
We aim to be the best provider of warehousing storage and partitioning solutions in our industry, consistently working on behalf of our clients for more efficient and innovative strategies.
To think both creatively and practically about storage projects to ensure that our solutions are truly the best for our customers’ needs.