When it comes to choosing pallet racks for warehouse inventory management, there is a lot you need to consider besides just focusing on maximising your storage space. You need to take into consideration the following:
- The floor capacity in your warehouse
- The height of the ceiling
- How often you will need to access the pallets
- The shelf life of the items you are going to palletize
Based on these factors, you will be able to single out certain types of pallet racking and therefore select the right pallet racking for your businesses requirements.
Types of pallet racking
Pallet racking is the storage of palletised materials in horizontal rows with multiple levels, which consists of two components. These include frames and beams are designed to store 2-3 pallets per level. The standard configuration is beams clipped into frames. These beams can then be supported by timber decking, mesh decking or support bars.
There is a range of pallet racking, all of which is supplied by Teepee Warehouse Solutions. Our pallet racking range includes:
- Wide aisle pallet racking
- Multi-tier racking
- Push back racking
- Drive in racking
- Double deep racking
- Narrow aisle pallet racking
Advantages of pallet racking
One of the main advantages to installing a pallet racking system is they are adjustable. They can be adjusted at any point and reconfigured to suit any change in operational requirements. Should you require your pallet racking extending, it can be simply done by adding additional parts to create more locations.
Installing a pallet racking system into your warehouse comes with many more advantages. These include:
- 100% accessibility
- Cost effective
- Utilises the height in your warehouse
- Pallet racks enhance the warehouse operations by allowing better use of the available space
- Store goods on high shelves without any danger
- They help in the loss of goods as they arrange goods systematically