Pallet racking systems are the storage of palletised materials in horizontal rows with multiple levels that maximise the storage space of a warehouse. As complicated as they might seem, pallet racking systems consist of two components: The frames, and the beams, where these components are designed to store 2-3 pallets per level.
The standard configuration of the pallet racking system components is constituted of beams clipped into frames, where these beams can then be supported by timber decking, mesh decking, or support bars. Each case will require a specific configuration, and Teepee can help you to choose the best one for your case.
When it comes to choosing pallet rack systems for warehouse inventory management, there is a lot you need to consider besides just focusing on maximising your storage space. You need to take into consideration the following:
- The floor capacity in your warehouse.
- Height of the ceiling.
- How often you will need to access the pallets.
- The shelf life of the items you are going to palletise.
Based on these factors, you will be able to single out certain types of pallet racking systems and therefore select the right pallet racking for your business’s requirements. If you are unsure what type of pallet racking you need to suit your requirements, contact our team on 01384 256 969 or by filling out our online contact form, and we will be able to discuss this with you.
Types of pallet racking systems
There is a range of pallet racking systems to choose from, dependent on your needs and budgets, will depend on the system suitable for you. The systems supplied by Teepee Warehouse Solutions include:
- Wide aisle pallet racking system – Built for quick access to stock and inventory with the use of trucks.
- Multi-tier racking system – Great for the stock of small products and multiple SKUs. This system is built for hand-load picking.
- Push back racking system – Made for gravity roll track with FILE systems, push back pallet racking is great for large quantity items.
- Pallet live racking system – These are built to work with a FIFO system where the pallets can be controlled by brake rollers.
- Drive-in racking system – Made for LIFO and FIFO systems respectively, this system allows the inventory to be accessible by trucks.
- Double deep racking system – Build as a standard pallet racking system, double deep pallet racking systems are made to fit 2 pallets in a row with the FILO principle.
- Very narrow aisle pallet racking system – VNA racking system is great to optimise height spaces where floor area is low. This system requires the use of trucks and guide rails.
Advantages of Pallet Racking Systems
One of the main advantages of installing a pallet racking system is they are a great and adjustable way of maximising stock levels. They can be adjusted at any point and reconfigured to suit any change in operational requirements.
Should you require your pallet racking systems to extend, it can be simply done by adding additional parts to create more locations. As well as being adjustable, installing a pallet racking system into your warehouse comes with many more advantages. These include:
- Space saving.
- 100% accessibility.
- Utilises the height in your warehouse.
- Pallet racks enhance warehouse operations by allowing better use of the available space.
- Store goods on high shelves without any danger.
- Increase safety levels by minimising accidents
- They help in the loss of goods as they arrange goods systematically.
Contact Teepee Warehouse Solutions
If you would like to know more about our pallet racking systems, or should you require a quote for your business, do not hesitate to contact us or fill out the contact form.
Our customers come first and we pride ourselves on delivering the best solutions and customer experience. We are committed to fair pricing and delivery of a high quality product.
WHY CHOOSE US
Based in the Midlands, we are ideally positioned to service a broad geographical area and offer bespoke, turnkey solutions to a variety of businesses.
We aim to be the best provider of warehousing storage and partitioning solutions in our industry, consistently working on behalf of our clients for more efficient and innovative strategies.
To think both creatively and practically about storage projects to ensure that our solutions are truly the best for our customers’ needs.